A Little History
- 1965 – This is the year Greg’s Showcase officially was born. It was a long time ago, and a great deal of fun. Working from the back garage at home in Sadleir, people came from everywhere to see our collection. Sometimes by the busload from all the Gem & Lapidary Clubs.
- 1976 – We moved into our first shop at 69 Hume Highway Chullora. Right on the main drag. That too was a great deal of fun. We finally had room to put more showcases and expanded our business into Lapidary, Books, Silversmithing, Carving, and much more.
Sandy also joined us officially at Easter 1977 for her first Gemboree.
- 1983 – A new decade, a new shop. This time it was on the corner of The Horsley Drive and Loscoe Street, Fairfield. Much more room to devote to our crystals, Jewellery Making and Lapidary. By this time The Cabachon was born as our Quarterly Newsletter and still going strong with a National and International Mailing Order list.
- 1989 – Well, we were on the road so much, we decided to close the shop and get out to meet all of you. We travelled from Cairns To Tasmania as much as six times a year. Not to mention our journeys to the West Coast. We were kept extremely busy – still having fun.
- 1995 – A spot of bad health saw us move into a new shop at Glenfield, right opposite the Railway Station. We still had our crystals and by now we’re expanding into the Metaphysical Realm with Sandy being our chief Psychic Reader and Healer while I taught and practiced Meditation. The times were a changing.
- 2002 – After a brief stint at visiting our friends at various shopping centres around Sydney, we made another permanent home in Campbelltown. The area was a great hub for Metaphysical Energy and met some great new friends. Still selling crystals, but now doing more workshops and healing treatments.
- 2006+ – We opened up a little shop at the Ettalong Markets (Now, The Galleria, Ettalong Beach) and have been there ever since. We are thoroughly enjoying ourselves, having come full circle back to crystals, minerals, and Fossils. Of course, we also have our Gemstones and Jewellery too. Do look up our Contact Page to see where we are located so you can come to visit.
FOLLOW US HERE:
See the Professional Bios of Greg & Sandy